Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coupon Strategies


What's your coupon strategy? Do you use Coupons, Sales, Multiple Stores? What strategy works best for you? Leave a comment and let me know.

Are you new to couponing and still trying to figure out your plan? I have to tell you that I have been doing this a long time now and I am still changing up my method. Here are some helpful hints to a successful shopping trip.

1) Clip Coupons Weekly.
Even if you aren't planning on shopping. Make sure that you are consistently printing or clipping coupons for things you know you will use.

I always get a Sunday paper and cut out the coupons I think I might use or the ones I know I will use. I also ALWAYS SAVE my inserts. You never know what deal might be coming that you didn't expect.

2) Print and Hold
I also print Internet coupons as I come across them. I have found that I will not remember or be able to find coupons when I need them so If I don't print them when I find them I won't use them. Coupons.com changes up their coupons frequently, so I always check their site before shopping.

Because Internet Coupons typically expire within 2 weeks to a month after the print date, some people like to print these coupons as they need them. However, the down side to this is that they sometimes reach their print limit or they are taken down before a great deal comes along.

3) Search the Ads & Match Ups
I always browse the ads the night before I go shopping. This helps me make a list of what I need as well as items that are a good price.

I also like to get online and look at match-ups for the stores I will be shopping at. I will try to provide match-up's for Harps, IGA, Walmart, and Walgreens. As well as links to other places that do these match-ups as well.

I have found that others often find deals I didn't see because it might be on a product I typically wouldn't use or maybe didn't need that specific week. I love to get other ideas as I plan.

4) Know your coupons
I always try to flip through my coupon book before I go shopping. If I know what I have coupons for then as I shop I can keep my eyes out for great deals. If I find something on an end cap or clearance that I think I might have a coupon for I will open my book and look. 9 times out of 10 I do have the coupon I am looking for.

5) Be Organized
It's overwhelming to get to a store with a child in cart and try to go up and down aisles to look for deals. I always have a list of what I need and I pre-pull all the coupons I think I will use and place them in an envelope in the front of my binder. This way I am not flipping through my binder on every aisle.

I also like to have my coupons in hand before I get to the checkout so that I don't forget to get something out at the last minute.

Remember that there is no right or wrong way to use coupons. Everyone has their style that works for them, so find the one that fits best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment