Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Walgreens Trip $3.34 Profit!



Here is what I got at Walgreen's today:

1 Reusable Shopping Bag
2 Glade Candles
2 Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizers with Free Mascara
3 Easter Candy Fillers

Used Free Shopping Bag Coupon
$3.00/$10.00 Purchase
2- $4.00/1 Glade Coupons
2- $2.00/1 Glade Easy Saver Coupon
2- $1.00 Physicians Formula Coupons
15% off your entire purchase
$3.00 RR from Edge
$2.00 RR from Chapstick
= $2.66 OOP on my Gift Card

And I will get back $11.00 on my Gift Card after the Rebate, so including Tax and the $5.00 in Register Rewards I spent, I made $3.34 on this one transaction!!!!

If you are still planning to use the 15% off Walgreen's, here are some tips:

Take the Green Bag with you to the Checkout

You have to check out in Photo, or Beauty to get the 15% off, and you have to give them the coupon first, because they are ringing it up like an employee discount.

7 comments:

  1. Great job!
    I had a similar shopping trip - I was so excited that the candles rang up as $5.09 (15% off) - ended up being a money maker! I was able to buy a P/F lip gloss ($4.07) and mascara ($5.99) and use 2 $1 off coupons - this will be a money maker once I claim my rebate AND be things I will actually use! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! Did you get the lip gloss on clearance? I found several PF Organic Clearance items at the Mall Walgreens in Fayetteville. Some were 4.69 and others were 8.69 those would have been great items too!

    I agree, I am excited to try out these products! I love free makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the lip gloss was on clearance at the Township Walgreens. Also, while I was running errands I stopped at Target and for $5.37 bought 3 boxes of Poptarts (2 12-count, 1 8-count), Electrasol ($4.29 in Fayetteville), Fiber One Bars, Market Pantry fruit snacks, 2 Kraft EZ Macs and a Dove Deodorant. Not terribly great, but wanted to share with someone else who would get excited. :) (The poptarts were "Buy 2 12 count, get an 8 count free" and I had $1 off 2 MQ, $.55 off 1 MQ and then a Target coupon I received at check out last time for $.50 off 1.) The machine beeped at the fruit snacks and Dove Deodorant since the coupon was for more than the item which took time for the cashier to call a manager over. :( I hate it when I hold up the line so will only buy items that have coupons for less than or equal to the price from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate holding up the line too, but sometimes it's hard to help it when you're using coupons. I always try to go when it's not too busy, or let people go in front of me if i know I have a lot of coupons.

    Did the manager adjust the coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - they didn't have a problem adjusting at all - the cashier I had was new and didn't know what the computer was asking when it beeped at her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did the free shopping bag coupon come from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deals! I got my free bag too.
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete